The SKA (Square Kilometre Array) Research Centre, NAOC (National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Science) aims at SKA related research and technology development, and meanwhile work closely with the JLRAT (Joint Laboratory of Radio Astronomy Technology) and other research groups at the NAOC.
SKA Research Centre, NAOC is now recruiting radio astronomy experts at various levels, including The Chinese 1000 Talents Program, The CAS’ 100 Talents Program, senior positions, and outstanding young researchers.
Job Description and Accountabilities
- Master or PhD degree;
- Fluent in English;
- Good team spirit and learning ability.
Experience in radio astronomy research, radio astronomy technology and management of R&D organization of large projects is preferred.
Details of the Positions and Requirements
1.Electronic Engineer (2-3 posts)
- Microwave engineering background;
- Familiar with RF circuit and its measurement procedure;
- EM simulation, e.g feed, OMT and antenna silumation;
- Low noise receiver system.
2. Computer Technology and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineers (2 posts)
- Digital circuit design and digital signal processing.
3.Software Engineers (2 posts)
- Two year experience in C programming under the Linux environment;
- Strong background in mathematics and algorithm;
- Experience in large software project development.
4.Structure and Automation Engineers (2 posts)
- Experience in mechanical design, machining process, stress analysis and mechanical assembly and measurement;
- Background in analysis and design of large-scale structure, structure design and research on antennas and radio telescopes;
- Familiar with mechatronics and automation technology.
The SKA Research Centre offers salary, pension scheme, bonuses and benefits according to the applicant’s education background, work experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Please send a CV, with personal photo and scanned copies of certificates to JLRAT_office@nao.cas.cn. Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th Mar. 2014. The successful candidate will be informed for an interview, by email or telephone four week after the closing date.
Address: 20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China code: 100012
Tel: 010-64888708 E-mail: email@example.com